Re: [LUG] Hackers ability to access WiFi exposed

On Fri, 15 Oct 2010 20:14:00 +0100
Jaan Janesmae wrote:

> I have a 1000mW wi-fi card and 21dBi directional dish antenna. When I
> can see the house,
> I'm fairly certain, I can monitor your wi-fi.
>
> Regards,
> Jaan

I think I've said this before on this list - my Mum's house is set back
from the road a fair bit and being the original vicarage in the village
(some parts dating back to C12), the walls are around 6' thick
granite.  The only realistic places to sit and crack the WiFi would
make you directly visible from the windows.  It also tended to be quite
cold there.  If you were at her house cracking the WiFi when I lived
there, I would have invited you in for a cuppa. :D

Grant.