Re: [LUG] Linux in Education Top Ten Myths.....

Ok more generic then education specific, but these are excuses i've
heard or could see being used:

We've paid for windows when we bought the machine, why would we throw that away?
(Or conversely, I got Windows free with the machine, whats the difference?)

Linux doesnt work (meaning Just Work in the same way you can just run
$program or plug in $hardware usually)

If anyone can see the code, anyone can break into it, its just not
safe. - Especially not with confidential data like student records.

We use Cisco Cleanagent on our wireless network, to keep things safe.
We have to exempt Linux and smartphones from it as these wont install
it, exempting these would introduce more vulnerabilities if people use
mac address spoofing to connect their windows laptops without it.

It will take too long to retrain our staff to use linux/openoffice,
let alone teach the kids

Our macros/databases/$vital_thing_someone_outsourced need Microsoft
Office $Version to run. Openoffice cant use/open/run these

I know windows. I dont know Linux, and im too old to go learning something new.