Re: [LUG] Wireless on debian lenny laptop - help at lug meeting tomorrow SOLVED

On Sat, Sep 11, 2010 at 5:45 PM, Roland Tarver
<roland.tarver@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 11, 2010 at 4:48 PM, Dan Dart <dandart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> lo        no wireless extensions.
>>>
>>> eth0      no wireless extensions.
>>>
>>> pan0      no wireless extensions.
>>
>> Firmware. Always was for me.
>> Make sure your bcm43xx firmware is located in /lib/firmware.
>> Debian, unlike Ubuntu, comes with no firmware for wireless cards.
>
> Thanks for your reply Dan. In the /lib/firmware/b43 directory there
> are 32 files all with a .fw suffix. I guess this is correct?
>
> Roly :-)
>

>> --

Thanks to the instructions below, this problem is now solved. woop!
They make use of  a closed source driver provided by broadcom (rather
than the b43 driver), but at least it works :-)

http://wiki.debian.org/wl

Thanks for the help.
Roly.