Re: [LUG] Linux Desktops can be Sexy ... Was : Make Ubuntu look like windows 7 - Ease the transition?

On 23/08/10 14:34, Grant Sewell wrote:

Alas, my desktop is deliberately boring.  A simple B&W SVG image of my
company logo on a plain black background.  No icons on the desktop at
all. A dark theme throughout.  3 Gnome panels - top has App/Places/Sys
as per Ubuntu's default; system monitor applet; notification area (I
removed the Ubuntuified "me menu", etc; time/date; and logout button.
Bottom panel has "show desktop"; window list; CPU frequency scaling
applet; temperature applet; workspace switcher; force-quit&  trash.
Right panel has various launchers for apps I use regularly.

Clean.  Effective.  Boring. :D

Sounds similar to my desktop, I've got the standard Ubuntu background at the moment, can't be fussed about changing it at the moment as it's not very often I look at my desktop.

I've got my mostly used apps on the task bar at the top with quicklaunch icons and and a CPU frequency app which I tend to set to 1GHz (don't need any more 99% of the time).

One of these days I might push the boat out and change the desktop wallpaper :-)

Rob