Re: [LUG] Linux research...

On 25/07/10 08:12, tom wrote:

> A dll - does this mean the survey is run on a windows machine - or can
> one run dll's (as opposed to .so's) on  linux apache setup?

My guess - MrInterview - which is Windows only.

But Apache doesn't care what the file extension is, unless you tell it
to care, so you could name your PHP files ".ASPX" if it makes you happier.

http://www.spss.com/software/data-collection/interviewer-web/

I tend to the view that leaving ".htm" or ".php" extensions in URLs is a
sign of laziness (that isn't to say I'm not extremely lazy at times).
Kind of like leaving the scaffolding up when you've finished a building.
URLs should be about where a resource is, not how it got there.

Although the usual complaint is "not another survey", several lists I'm
on ban people posting research survey type work because it is rather
tedious to see them so frequently.