Re: [LUG] An 'open source manifesto' to counter the ICT cuts

>>> Rob
>>>
>> Torbay community college,  where is that, or did you mean torquay
>> community college
>>
>> Paul
>>

> Yeah, got Torbay Council and Torquay Community College mixed up :-)
>
> It's been a long day.
>
> Rob

Well one way to make a difference is to volunteer your time, perhaps as
a Technician, if you are good at communicating with children as well as
adults, then getting a foot in the door, gain some respect you can then
suggest ideas, directly to the right people within the school.

If you can get in, should paid work arise, you are in a good position to
take up the employment if you wish,

I know its not ideal, but I think change is going to come from those in
the system,,  we just need people who know the right stuff in the system.

paul

--
Next Paignton meeting - Saturday 7th August 2010 - 3pm Lighthouse, Paignton,
Next Holsworthy Meeting -  Saturday 21st August @ The White Hart,

Thursday 22nd Tea Party 2pm - 5pm
Saturday 31st Salsa Night 8pm - 12:30
please e-mail devonmusic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx for more details.

SOFTWARE FREEDOM DAY 2010
SATURDAY 18th SEPTEMBER 2010  - LIGHTHOUSE, PAIGNTON