[LUG] Tools to map a network

Hi folks,

I'm in the process of trying to create a network diagram for a network which looks like a tin of spaghetti. Now some of the switches connected to this network are managed and give me some details about the network (although not much that I can decipher). I believe there are a couple of 10MBit hubs on this network too which I'm guessing is causing a bit of a bottleneck.

So I was wondering, does anyone know of any tools which might be able to work out what is on the network (I'm thinking maybe by device Mac address) so I can try and pinpoint what is on the network?

What I'd ideally like to achieve is to find out what is on the other end of the network port but these switches (Linksys SRW224G4) don't seem to let me do that.

Ta,

Rob

Westomatic Vending Services Ltd is a limited company registered in England and Wales. Registered number: 873813
Registered office: Shaldon Rd, Newton Abbot, TQ12 4TZ.

Please note that Westomatic Vending Services Ltd may monitor email traffic data and also the content of email for the purposes of security and staff training. This message contains confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify it@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. Westomatic Vending Services Ltd therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please request a hard-copy version.