Re: [LUG] Laptop as a desktop replacement

On 22/04/10 16:54, NW wrote:
Gotcha. Thanks, I should have thought of that. It just shows that I am
still a beginner re laptops.

I don't have a UPS. I should add that the computer is not left on all
day, just as and when I wish to use it.

Neil

Well I'd suggest turning the power supply off when it's not in use, that way it's nor always charging the battery (I wouldn't be surprised if that is what finished my laptop battery off!).

Luckily replacements aren't that expensive and you should get a year or two's usage out of the battery with any luck.

Rob