Re: [LUG] Permissions problem

NW wrote:

> I have searched udev files and cannot find where the permissions for lp0
> are set up. Can anyone help please?

I gave a possible udev rule to use in my last post (although it looks
like possibly my ">>" got misinterpreted by my email client.

The permissions for lp0 were "0660" which is the default for udev, so
they are probably not explicitly set anywhere. A new rule in a new rule
file is probably best as that way it shouldn't be overwritten (or
interfere with other udev updates) in future.

Although I'd be tempted to upgrade.

I don't see the point in running versions of Ubuntu that are more out of
date than Debian Lenny. The only advantage I see to Ubuntu over Debian
is it is more up to date than Debian, if you run old versions you have
all the disadvantages of Ubuntu (i.e. more bugs) and don't even get the
advantage of more up to date software.

 Simon