[LUG] Introductory Book

Hello!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Linux-Complete-Manual-Jim-Martin/dp/1906372691/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1270311385&sr=8-1

I have just been into Paignton W.H. Smiths and found a copy of the
above book.  Had a quick glance through and am now thinking of getting
a copy to lend to friends that are interested in moving to Linux.

It demonstrates a really good range of open source programs, with
plenty of screen shots and easy instructions. Covers topics like: open
office; photos; video editing; scanning; printing; gimp and more - all
really simply. Even those who hate technology could get on well with
this book. It comes with a CD of ubuntu 9.10 too!

Perhaps one for the lug library that I have heard about?

Sorry if people don't think this email is appropriate for the lug, I
just thought it was good and wanted to share.

Best wishes
Roly