Re: [LUG] most graphically impressive live-cd - for a windows user to try

> Good luck.  As far as I know Mint isn't that much different to Ubuntu and
> Debian (since well it's based on Ubuntu which is based on Debian).  Might be
> worth keeping a copy handy though if he does go for it just in case he
> phones you with problems.  I've found from experience it's handy to have a
> copy of the distro either installed or available on a Live CD (or even an
> ISO image kicking around to boot in VirtualBox) as then you can try and
> replicate the issue yourself or see pretty much what options they have (this
> helped the other day when my step-dad had some problems on his new laptop
> and I was able to tell him exactly what to click without having to
> remember).
>
> Rob

Hmmm! Ok yes - all of that sounds very sensible. I am afraid I have
yet to learn much (anything) about virtual box. I have kept the ISO
image on my hard disk so I will burn another copy, as you suggest.

In addition to your suggestions, I guess I could also use some form of
VPN and SSH stuff to admin his computer remotely - should he get into
trouble. Again - both subjects I know a little about (yet! ;-)) hehe!.

thanks again
Best wishes
Roly