Re: [LUG] Disk replacement

Yeah, from other discussions with people here, I get the impression most of the group hates those UUIDs. I like them, because if i add or remove a partition the partition IDs dont change where hda2 might become hda5 but yeah, this be the tradeoff because I beleive those UUIDs are assigned by whatever makes the partition. And iirc, one of those U's stands for Unique, so I doubt you can transfer them :(

Saying that, I'm the noob of the group so someone might have something that can.