Re: [LUG] Thunderbird 3

Juan J. MartÃnez wrote:
> El jue, 18-03-2010 a las 08:37 +0000, NW escribiÃ:
>> I am still using version 2 of TB. (Kubuntu Hardy). Is there any
>> advantage to upgrading to version 3?
>
> The interface has very important changes. Although you can set it up to
> be TB2 alike, AFAIK it has some UI "improvements" that you can't change.
>
> There are two IU changes that IMHO are a big fail if you're using a
> netbook with a small screen: 1st the toolbar in the message preview
> and... 2nd you can't collapse the message headers! (or at least I
> couldn't). Check it: http://twitpic.com/130079
>
> Cheers,
>
> Juanjo

Thanks for that. I think I will leave well alone.

The main reason I asked is for the wife. She still uses XP and has
started to have trouble with Outlook Express. I don't understand it at
all so I am wondering about installing TB for her. Trouble is, all the
downloads seem to be for TB version 3. Hence my question.

I will go on searching

Neil