Re: [LUG] We've been Street Viewed

On 11 March 2010 22:30, Dan Dart <dandart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I think it was them, but someone in the UK (or was it a village in the
> US? I forget now) were concerned about privacy and didn't want their
> village photographed.

"Residents in the village of Broughton, Buckinghamshire felt so
strongly about what they called an intrusion of privacy that last year
they formed a human chain to block a Google camera vehicle from
driving down their streets.

Google has taken steps to blur images of faces and car registrations.

The company also provides a 'report a problem' button on the Street
View website for users to flag up inappropriate or sensitive images to
be reviewed and removed.

This allows anyone to ask that images of themselves, their car or
their house are erased from the service."

http://www.falmouthpacket.co.uk/news/fpfalmouth/5057113.Google_Street_View_coverage_expands_to_cover_most_of_Cornwall/

--
Martinus Scriblerus scripsit ex 50º 21' N, 4º41' W