Re: [LUG] Recipes

Neil Winchurst wrote:
My wife has many handwritten recipe books, some inherited from previous
generations. Some of them are now getting somewhat tatty. I would like
to find a program to put them on computer. However I and my daughter use
Linux and the wife uses Windows (I know, but I can't get her to change).

I have looked around and found several possible programs, but they all
work from the HD. I have also looked for any programs that could be set
up on the family web site. That way we could all view them.

Any one have any suggestions for a suitable web program which I could
set up on our web site? I have had no luck so far. Perhaps they don't exist.

Thanks

Neil

The basic storage (as for almost all things) would be a relational DB - list of ingredients/qty per serving, cooking methods/timing etc. That would allow for a local GUI or a web interface for recipes, searching for recipes that use certain ingredients (seasonal what left in fridge etc),
calculating qtties, creating timing data shopping list etc.
Could be fun
Tom te tom te tom