Re: [LUG] laptop double screen

If you're incredibly lucky the people who made your laptop will have just used an internal VGA connection, however the chances are they used some proprietary connection and a controller on the other end in which case it's nigh impossible to use it. Either way it'd take an incredibly long time to get a working set up so I recommend just binning it or replacing whatever broke and using the various networked monitor programs around to add it to your laptop across a network.

On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 8:23 AM, Terry Hill <telbonic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have an old laptop that died and am wondering if I can take the old screen
> and somehow connect it to another laptop as a piggyback screen - just
> showing whats on the other one.

What make/model is the laptop?