Re: [LUG] PC repairs (was Change of Web Host)

My first step with a machine that won't POST is to remove EVERYTHING
from it bar 1 (KnownGood) stick of RAM, CPU +HS, MOBO and PSU.

Those are the bare minimum to boot up a system, and it helps you
narrow down where the issue is. (because if it POSTS at this point,
you now start connecting other devices one at a time)
I'd also clear the CMOS (usually a jumper on the motherboard, if there
isnt or you cant find it, take the coin shaped battery out, go make a
cuppa, then come back and replace it)

If it still doesnt POST, i'd voltage check the PSU, and then things
start getting expensive as you start looking for replacement MOBO or
CPU.