Re: [LUG] Firefox problem with the Co-Op websites

On Mon, 2010-02-15 at 10:01 +0000, Henry Bremridge wrote:
> Every time I try and login to any of the Co-Op websites I invariably get
> hit with the following error message "The connection to the server was
> reset while the page was loading."
>
> I have checked out google / mozilla and there appear to be two common
> problems
>
> - Change default from ipv6 to ipv4 in the about:config status
> - Disable the plug in "DownthemAll"
>
> Finally what is really irritating is when I think there is a major
> problem, then it will suddenly work normally.
>
> Has anyone had similar problems? Either with the co-op or other banks?
> Can anyone suggest an alternative browser?

I've seen this occasionally. It seems to be related to the hostname
being used, possibly getting cached incorrectly (i.e. the "welcome23"
part). Does clearing the cache etc. and/or restarting Firefox help?

--
Benjamin M. A'Lee || bma@xxxxxx || gpg: 0x166891C7 || http://bma.cx/
People demand freedom of speech as compensation for the freedom of thought which