Re: [LUG] signs

Grant Sewell wrote:
I agree.  No need to overwhelm the user in the initial stages, but
equally this is not an Ubuntu User Group, so giving people 1 option is
not really acceptable.  *Recommending* a specific option and hinting at
the fact that there are others could well work though.

Grant.
Maybe recommending what you're comfortable with would be a good idea. For instance, I've installed Ubuntu for a couple of people and I give them support, basically because it's what I know. As great as say PCLinuxOS is, I don't know it that well so I wouldn't be able to offer much support for it. I'm sure it would be the same for someone who uses PCLinuxOS and doesn't know Ubuntu too well.

Rob