Re: [LUG] Open source? What's that?

On Fri,  5 Feb 2010 13:41:11 +0000
Rob Beard <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Rob,

> I wasn't allowed near a soldering iron at the time, I was about 5 or
> 6 at the time which partially explained it.

I was 17 and working at an electronics company as a prototype wireman,
when I got mine.  Soldering was fairly fundamental to what I did.   :-)

> I wonder if it was true what was suggested on the MicroMen
> documentary about putting some Bluetack on the RAM pack solved the
> wobble which Sir Clive suggested (according to the documentary at
> least).

IIRC, he did say that.  Other ppl I knew used plasticine, gaffer tape, or
put a large elastic band around the whole thing.  Unfortunately, all of
these _could_ fail, causing a lock-up and consequent loss of work.  My
fix was permanent.   :-)

--
 Regards  _

Just stop and take a second