Re: [LUG] inputbox focus

Martijn Grooten wrote:
On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 12:30 PM, kevin wrote:
This is probbably the simplist method as you say (I was resorting to a
function in javascript). BTW is id and name the same thing and /or can
they have the same name? ie (or ff) can I have the tag name=plu and
id=plu?

They are not the same thing, but some browsers (use to?) think so:

http://www.456bereastreet.com/archive/200802/beware_of_id_and_name_attribute_mixups_when_using_getelementbyid_in_internet_explorer/

In any case, using the same name is harmless and probably the safest
thing to do.

Martijn.

name and id are for different functions..
name= in forms returns data on submission and id= is good for javascript object locating ( though you can search by name as well but there can be many objects with the same name (eg buttons) and id's 'must' be unique, and searching by name is not optimised like getElementByID should be...
Tom te tom te tom