Re: [LUG] Old PC for toddlers playgroup - Exmouth

Quoting Brad Rogers <brad@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 11:25:58 +0000
Rob Beard <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Rob,

EYFS?

Early Years Foundation Stage.

Ahh I see.

Education, like sooo many other areas of expertise just *love*
acronyms.

Yup.

Buzzword Bingo, anyone?   :-)

LOL, yeah.

It's probably worth us bearing in mind, if we're using acronyms that if it's a specific one, such as the one above, then it's probably worth putting the full meaning in*. I'm guessing that the majority of us though know the usual acronyms used on t'internet such as LOL, ROFL, FWIW, IANAL etc.

* I'm sure I've done the same thing before, putting an acronym in an e-mail and making some of you say WTF?. If this is the case do give me a virtual nudge in the ribs (please not a real one though at the LUG meeting!).

Rob