Re: [LUG] RAM details

Quoting Neil Winchurst <barnaby@xxxxxxxxxx>:

Is there any way to find out the amount of RAM on my computer and
possibly the type of RAM chip? I mean without opening up the box and
looking.

There are bash commands which give lots of info about your machine, but
I have not yet noticed one about RAM. Or have I just missed it?

Thanks

Neil

Had another thought...

If your PC is a branded one (for instance Dell, HP etc) or you know the make and model number of your motherboard, then have a look at www.crucial.com/uk

They have a memory finder tool, basically you enter the device type (PC, Laptop, Motherboard etc) and the manufacturer, then model number and it should suggest what memory you need and what it will take (such as how many slots there are). I find this very useful when I'm trying to find out what memory to order for customers when they just give me a model number.

Rob