[LUG] Bah! Disks! Bah!

Had a server creak and groan overnight with disk failures of both drives (mirrored) I'd like to say something like: "What's the chances of that happening", unfortunately, it's not the first time as I had a server some 3 years back which lost 3 out of it's 6 drives in an 18-hour period.

All 5 drives are/were WDC drives too.

Oh well - looks like this one will limp along until I can replace them in a few days time. (well - badblocks scans of the partitions that are live was OK)

It's only 8 months old too. Ho hum!

Anyone got any recomendations for good reliable SATA disks in the 500-700GB size range?

Gordon