Re: [LUG] SPAM ...

On Tue, 26 Jan 2010, John Horne wrote:

On Tue, 2010-01-26 at 13:24 +0000, Gordon Henderson wrote:
On Tue, 26 Jan 2010, Simon Waters wrote:

I'm happy to test how many reject SPF fail if we can find willing volunteer
email addresses at various large providers.

I belive DCC use SPF. Or at least they have in the past as it's caused
irritation for me with some simple email expansion lists containing DCC
staff members )-: So if you know anyone with a devon.gov.uk email
address...

Well they seem to use SPF:

  dig +short devon.gov.uk txt
  "\"v=spf1 a -all\""

I assume though that the escaped quotes are invalid (thus rendering the
record invalid from an SPF checking point of view)?

Oddly enough, I don't see the escaped quotes:

  gordon @ yakko: dig +short devon.gov.uk txt
  "v=spf1 mx -all"

The -all probably ought to be ~all though.

Gordon