Re: [LUG] Number 10 Petition

2010/1/25 Bob Moss <bobbyjmoss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> I accept that point, as it is rather vague. As I say, it's just a petition
> I'd stumbled across, but in principle it's not a bad idea.
> Are there any official campaigns of this sort that would encourage the
> government to make this kind of change?
>
> --
> Why not visit my tech site?: http://bjm1904.com/
>
> LinkedIn Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/bjm1904
>

> 2010/1/24 Adrian Midgley (Gmail) <amidgley@xxxxxxxxx>
>>
>> On Sun, 2010-01-24 at 15:39 +0000, Bob Moss wrote:
>> > Hi everyone,
>> >
>> > If you haven't yet spotted this petition:
>> > http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/PCchoice/
>>

>> I do not think it is well-enough written to succeed.
>>
>> Alas.
>>
>> --

I guess the only real world way to replace commercial monopolies with
open source choice is to go head to head with them, and open a
computer shop in every large town that sells pc's without the
operating system price and is staffed by the people that know the OS's
they sell.  You'd have to do a better job of it than PC world for
instance, where most of the staff have only learned to turn a pc on
and off since joining the force (well if our local branch is anything
to go by).