Re: [LUG] Science Museum visit this Easter

Quoting Steven CÃtà <steven.cote@xxxxxxxxx>:

Hooo, yes. ÂPeak-time travel is not cheap. ÂI had to pay Â183 for two
standard singles from Paddington to Taunton five weeks ago. ÂWould have
been far cheaper to drive and far more pleasant but for the bottle of
wine bought for the trip home by the client I was working for at the
time.

This is the advantages of planning ahead. If you were to book a ticket
from Exeter to Paddington today for April, it'll cost you Â12 each
way. It's basically double that if you want to travel at peak times
(around 08:00 and 18:00). So if you don't mind arriving around
mid-day, spending the afternoon at the museum, early evening at the
pub, and then catching a train back from anywhere from 19:00 onwards,
it's not a prohibitive amount of money.

Of course, a coach would be cheaper if we can find the numbers.

That's not too bad, I don't mind leaving london later, I'm thinking it's probably worth making the most of it. Is anything earlier than 8am considered off peak?

Rob