Re: [LUG] Fw: [freecycletruro] offered: desktop computer

They got a local computer shop with the "its tied to the machine". He was upgrading people's PCs, reinstalling windows on the new machine with the customer's OEM windows liscence, and sending out again, only to find MS hit him hard. Joke was, the Herald and Express reported it, quoting a M$ spokesman as saying "Its tied to the case, if you change the case its not the same PC any more"

So if my case is seriously damaged, shorting out other componants, and I replace it, I need to buy another copy of windows? No Thanks, Billy. I got Mint and PClinuxOS and they dont tell me what i can and cant do with it :D

Honestly, if i didnt have to have windows to run Dreamweaver and Access 2007 (Why do IT courses always need these these days?) I'd be shot of it long ago else...