Re: [LUG] Sales???

Julian Hall wrote:
Rob Beard wrote:
Nope, not a DVD player. Although last year I bought a Technika from Tesco for my mum which turned out to be faulty. I think she replaced it with a Toshiba which was about £50 ish. My Dad has also had an LG and Philips DVD recorder which both failed within a couple of months. At the moment he has a Wharfdale DVD recorder which cost him about £60 which works great.

Rob
I bought a Phillips a couple of years ago for my Dad when he was ill - since he passed away last year my brother now has it. I believe it is still going well. I also bought one of Tesco's cheap £17 Technikas previously - that packed up in a couple of months - false economy. The Phiilips was only about £40 from Argos and as mentioned is still going.

We have a Wharfdale TV which we've had years, which speaks for the quality of the make if not the actual item under discussion.

Julian

Dont forget this 2 year EU guarantee thingy!
Alas for brands nowadays reliable quality is a thing of the past - I would imagine that now is the probably the worst time to buy anything electrical unless you have to!
Tom te tom te tom