Re: [LUG] OT: [Fwd: Tech changes 'outstrip' netbooks]

Grant Sewell wrote:
Oh, their ignorance seems more worrying than just a lack of awareness of Comes-With-Linux netbooks:

"Dell already produces notebooks sporting Latitude ON technology that uses both Arm and Intel chips so that they can boot into both Windows and Linux."

Wait... You need Arm in order to boot into Linux? Wow... That told me!
Not quite! - Arm will run linux and use practically no power so you can have a Netbook you can carry around and not lurk by power sockets. Windows will not run on ARM - so (to answer Henry) don't expect it for 8 or 9 either. I've been watching MS closely for a long while and I'm convinced that Windows will NEVER run on ARM - I think its got so bloated (and badly managed) that they can never get it to run useably on ARM and call it windows.
Which is why there is so much effort to stop Netbooks....
Tom te tom te tom