Re: [LUG] wordpress/MySQL conflict

Simon Waters wrote:
tom wrote:
I've just had a few problems with MySQL and it seems to be down to
wordpress demanding an older version of  mysql-client (5.0) despite the
server being upgraded to 5.1.

Did you have a question?

MySQL uses the PHP-MySql interface. I'd be surprised if it was WordPress
specific.
The version of wordpress I had installed was insisting on the 5.0 client package - so while everything else had upgraded to 5.1 the client hadn't and wouldnt talk to the upgraded server. I had to force the client to upgrade - and the update informed me that WordPress wanted 5.0 but it would upgrade for me anyway!
I have no idea if wordpress still works...
Tom te tom te tom