Re: [LUG] Recording industry getting taste of own medicine

Rob Beard wrote:
On 08/12/2009 09:48, tom wrote:
http://www.thestar.com/business/article/735096--geist-record-industry-faces-liability-over-infringement

Tom te tom te tom

Quote from the site...

"The class action seeks the option of statutory damages for each infringement. At $20,000 per infringement, potential liability exceeds $60 billion."

Ha, I love it!

Serves them right, okay I know they're not downloading and sharing files for free, but they are still selling unlicenced music, in fact, I'd say it's worse as they're effectively selling on pirated music (until they pay the licence fee).

I wonder if the $20,000 infringement is per track per CD rather than a blanket $20,000 per track (so one track can be used on an unlimited amount of CDs?).
I'd imagine its whatever they've been using against the little people - which is presumably the maximum of the two.
Tom te tom te tom