Re: [LUG] Dual booting Debian and Ubuntu

Brad Rogers wrote:
> On Sat, 28 Nov 2009 12:50:48 +0000
> Philip Whateley <philip.whateley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hello Philip,
>
>> I would like to install another distro on sda2, preferably Debian Lenny
>> 32bit so I can dual boot, but I am concerned about breaking Grub etc. I

I have triple booted, but found that order of loading OSs is very
important. Ubuntu was always loaded after win OS as it did  not easilly
recognize other Linux OSs for upgrading Grub.
Finally I found I could usually load SuSE as last OS as YaST had good
control of Grub and recognises other linux OSs.
Since then I have had SuSE as one on a multi-boot systems.
PS I put Grub (old version into MBR) and have a Paragon Hard disc
Manager copy of MBR and partition table saved to CD so MBR and partition
table can be reloaded if any problems. There may be other ways but this
works for me.
--
Regards
Eion MacDonald