Re: [LUG] Screen resolution and refresh woes

miketidball@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I had no trouble getting to the grub menu it has a 10 second countdown but there was no option after recovery mode to do with resetting video mode. I did boot from there into the command line ie no desktop but running sudo nvidia-settings wouldn't work.

Mike

I had a similar problem with an NVidia card and Ubuntu 9.10, IIRC I ended up deleting the xorg.conf file and booting into X and then trying to hack together an xorg.conf I found on the internet.

Unfortunately all I can find at the moment is configuration files for dual monitors :-(

It could be worth searching for the model of monitor, you may be able to get specific mode lines for the xorg.conf file.

Rob