Re: [LUG] networking a printer + pasted files

kevin wrote:

> On Tue, 2009-11-24 at 18:28 +0000, aaron moore wrote:
>> When I add a printer in the MS box all goes well until I try to print
>> from it..then I get 'Windows cannot print due to a problem with the
>> current printer setup'.  When I  go to http://server:631 I get my cups
>> front page (which is nice)
>> Thanks
>> Aaron

Hmm, My printed has an ip address, and is connected to the router, so
when something prints it goes via cups which points to the correct ip
(static) address for the printer

I can then print from any computer connected to the network as long as
its set up properly

Not quite using a print server,  but may be a way of doing stuff

Paul

- --
Paul Sutton
www.zleap.net

Ubuntu 9.10 is out : Visit www.ubuntu.com for details
The December meeting of the DCLUG will now take place on the SECOND
Saturday in December.  This is December 12th 2009.