Re: [LUG] Ubuntu Workspace Swithcher

James Said

"If I go to the desktop switcher in 9.10, I get a dialog with the number
of columns and rows, but nothing else.  Nothing else, that is, unless I
turn off visual effects using system->preferences->appearance->visual
effects, at which point I can change the desktop names.  If I then
enable visual effects again, all the desktop names revert to their old
values."

Thanks James

I thought I was going Mad, but you have put your finger on it.  One can have one or
the other, but not both.  (It does remember the old settings however if one switches
back and forth).

All the best

Peter L-J