Re: [LUG] HTML query

On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 20:10:03 -0000, Simon Robert <simon.robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Why is this so different from me having taken a screen shot?, except
you'll not know that our great local pub is doing a special evening.

the way I've seen those preview things work on other pages is that you get a small thumbnail of the webpage. I don't think you will be able to tell an iframe to scale the page down like a thumbnail (don't know. never used iframes in any html i've written) so all people will see is the top left corner and maybe some scroll bars- which in alot of websites is the logo. If you make the iframe big enough to see a decent portion of the page then, well, on my eee i wouldn't be able to see your page any more.

OK bandwidth
Bandwidth wise- some people do have slow connections eg if they're using a gsm/gprs/3g or in my uni halls there was a 2meg connection to serve about 150 students. If people who travel and students aren't in your target market then that always leaves people who are still on dialup because they can't get adsl or cable.

you're not using firefox with half a dozen pages open or the
speed dial add on are you?
I am someone who does keep alot of tabs open and any page which causes excessive slowdown will be closed without further attention. Normally that means too much flash (flash-wise youtube is the limit on this machine)

The alternative is to close all the other pages. I can tell you now that that won't happen because I'd have to a/ close all the tabs while the comp is running like a dog and it still might not be enough and b/ bookmark anything i want to come back to but I haven't deemed worth bookmarking already.