Re: [LUG] HTML query

Simon Robert wrote:
I'm trying to put together a links page for my website. I know I can
direct the iframe tag to an external site. What I'd like to do is add an
onmouseover event so that the iframe content is replaced by the website
in the link. My html is basic and the while I can find elements of what
I want to do I can't find anything explaing the whole thing.

It's at www.oldhouse-cottage.co.uk/links.html

thanks
  Simon

www.oldhouse-cottage.co.uk

You might find the lag involved in the browser retrieving the "moused" site and then populating the iframe is such that it confuses the user (and the browser). It might be better to present images of the home page for each site and then use the mouseover to change the image. This is trivial using jquery but predicates the user's browser having javascript switched on.

There are plenty of jquery plugins that support this kind of activity.

Martin