Re: [LUG] Fwd: Any Ruby on Rails users?

Jaan Janesmae wrote:
Very strange, as they arrived in opposite order here, which agrees with
the header. I suspect the "time they arrived" you are seeing, is
actually the time they were sent.

Could it be, that when I changed my name and removed the naughty "ä"
characters from my surname and sent the second mail, the first one was
kinda validated and passed through as well? The problem I had was that
the first mail did not come through, I was bugging Neil and Paul on
IRC, and they received the mails after I sent the second one.

and Tom

Might be better now but very alpha when I played with it 2 years ago.

It has come a long way, The reason I'm asking if anyone is using it is
fairly simple. In my mind it has much greater potential than PHP and
will succeed.

It has the potential but so do most languages.
Its a bit cleaner than PHP I'll grant you and IF it gets taught at colleges and builds up a huge clean library, or people learn the available libraries that can be used with it then it may well take over PHP in ten years. As for the last time I looked at it it was still climbing the same hill and making the same mistakes as many other languages had before. Some of the shorthand stuff may increase productivity in some but when it boils down to it productivity is more about learning what the problem you're trying to solve really is and fending off management.
Tom te tom te tom