Re: [LUG] A suggestion for a Colaborative Lug project.

Gordon Henderson wrote:
That's not been my experience - certianly not with mixing FORTRAN and C. I can not imagine anything more horrific than taking an array of data in C, converting it into some textual XML representation, calling a FORTRAN subroutine which would then convert it into binary data again, process it, then convert it back to XML for the C code to manipulate again.

I tend to agree but then if done properly it does avoid reading the wrong 16 bits of a 20 bit floating point number which is a lot worse on a running service.

But you'll actually find that something similar happens almost every time you call a web page!

Tom te tom te tom