Re: [LUG] Possible Cornwall Meet...

John Veryan wrote:
I was thinking of a Sunday afternoon. As I work most Saturdays. I was going to have an ask around for a quietish place that has free Wifi access, I think a computer meet should have that as a minimum.
We've had meetings in Torbay without internet access, still works quite well. I wouldn't rule out locations just because it doesn't have internet access otherwise you could be looking round for ages. If anyone is desperate for internet access, they could always get hold of a mobile broadband modem.
I am going to scope out a few places over the next week or so and then announce a time, date and venue. Is a pub OK, I'd make sure it was a place that is family friendly in case people need to bring kids or anyone that is under 18 wants to attend. If any one has any suggestions to a suitable venue, preferably with free Wifi, I am happy to do the leg work and talk to the management, so they at least know we are coming.
Can't really help on that respect as I don't know what is down in Cornwall. I'd have said a Weatherspoons Pub but then they have restrictions for under 18's.

Rob