Re: [LUG] OT - SIP providers?

Rob Beard wrote:
> James Fidell wrote:
>> Or an ISP that will provide you with a routed netblock over your ADSL
>> line, allowing you to have a router on the ADSL line and behind it a
>> DMZ for your asterisk box (and perhaps other stuff too) and a firewall
>> doing NAT and protecting the main office network.
>>
>> James
>>
> Ahh right, like 5 useable internet IP addresses?

A decent ISP such as one that a business reliant on their internet
connection ought to be using will provide as many as they have a
reasonable justification for, though a /29 (ie five usable addresses
after giving one to the router) seems to be a common place to start.

I started off with a /29, but ended up needing more and had no trouble
getting a /28 (thirteen usable addresses) in addition.

James