Re: [LUG] OT - Small Wireless Access Points?

Yes as i was writing that i was wandering what compression was available - x264 i will have a look at it now :) thx

as for something powerful enough to do it ... come cloud computing pick up breaches and pick up the slack ;) - oh but the compression would have to be done on site ummm ... is that kind of compression something a gpu would be better at rather then a cpu? i have a vague memory that gpus handled massive quantities of simple calculations faster then cpus and cpus the opposite (that is a very old memory so dont know if i am speaking truth here).

Dan