Re: [LUG] dual booting 32 and 64 bit systems

On Wed, 2009-09-16 at 20:14 +0100, baslake@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Posted by "Barry Ayres" <baslake@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>

> hi all,
>   dont know if its me or my machine, (prolly me) but are there or should there be
> any issues with dual booting a 32 and 64 bit linux on the same machine ? in my
> wisdom thought it might be a good idea to boot pclinuxos (32 bit) and mint (64
> bit) on the same machine but whatever way round i do the install it blows the
> bootloader away. even attempting to use the mobo bootloader can only see one
> operating system at a time ! (or it just wont boot,,,, no operating system
> installed). using an athlon 6000+ on a gigabyte board.
> any feedback appreciated,
> bas.
> --
> ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>
> Generated by the contributors page
> in the members area at D+C GLUG
> http://www.dcglug.org.uk/members/list.php
> webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Can you get one up and running then paste a copy of the grub.conf on
the /boot partition?

You just need to "merge" the two grub menus together to have one
bootloader

The path to each is important so make sure you know where each system is
and on which partition.

Regards

Kevin Lucas
Minions Post Master(Sub) reprieved repressed(possibly!Definitely!)
Po House, Minions,
Liskeard Cornwall
PL14 5LE
01579363386