Re: [LUG] department of work and pensions = FAIL

On Tue, 2009-08-04 at 10:13 +0100, Paul Sutton wrote:

> Adrian Midgley wrote:
> > Paul Sutton wrote:
> >> Just tried to help my mum sort out a pension claim on line
> >>
> >> http://www.dwp.gov.uk/eservice/need.asp
> >>
> >> seems they DISCRIMINATE against users of Macs and Unix based systems,

Couple of points. A few years back I complained about the Job Centre web
site being IE only, it was changed (though not just because of me I
guess).

The DoW&P site says that even though you will be able to enter info, but
that the system won't work anyhow. It certainly seemed to work, but I
didn't actually register, so I would guess that there is some backend
process that can't handles unices rather than the browser type being the
problem.

Lastly, about NI No.'s on bank statements - if someone is able to get a
hold of these then your NI No. being stolen is the least of your
worries! As they'll already have name, address, sort code, an indication
of your shopping habits and financial situation, other accounts if you
do transfers etc etc. Maybe you should ask to have this data removed
from the statement? Or just use internet banking with no paper copies.

Simon