Re: [LUG] BBC NEWS | Technology | Windows 7 pricing gets unveiled

Paul Sutton wrote:

> Ok this is MS related,  but it does give us some sort of idea of when
> its due for release and the pricing structure,  cheapest is 79 for the
> upgrade,

> Lets see if as a lug we can really push the alternatives.
>
> Paul

I'm not convinced that many people will buy the upgrade, I mean most
people just buy a new PC with the OS preinstalled.  I did read somewhere
(The Register I think) that Windows 7 without IE 8 in Europe will be
priced the same for the full retail version as it is for the upgrade.

Rob