Re: [LUG] DCC FoI: software licenses used

On Wednesday 17 June 2009 10:05, Rob Beard wrote:
> Henry Bremridge wrote:
> >
> > Thank you for your request for information. You asked the following
> > questions:
> > 1) What software is in use by DCC employees
> > 2) For all non open source software a) How many users are authorised to
> > use the software (concurrent and total) and b) How many users actually
> > use the program
> > Software    Number of users
> > Microsoft Office Professional
> > * MS Access
> > * MS Excel
> > * MS FrontPage
> > * MS Outlook
> > * MS PowerPoint
> > * MS Publisher
> > * MS Word   6466
> > Windows Client Access Licence       6466
> > Exchange Client Access Licence      6466
> > MS Visio Professional       277
> > MS Project Standard 369
> > MS Publisher        720
> > Crystal Reports     134
> > Java 2 Runtime      59
> > Internet Explorer   6466
> > Adobe Acrobat Reader        6466
> >
> > End Quote
>
> For starters I can't see why EVERY PC by the looks of things needs
> Office Pro.  I see they have also got 720 licences for Publisher when it
> comes with Office Pro.
This is MS - buying the software doesn't allow you to use it! Server stuff
used to come with just 10 user licences and you had to buy more  - I don't
know if thats still the same but I cant imagine they'd change it.

> I wonder how much they pay per license.
That will be secret under some commercial confidentiality agreement.
And not revealed even under freedom of information!!
Tom te tom te tom