Re: [LUG] Kernel 2.6.30 is out ...

On Wednesday 10 June 2009 19:21, Paul Sutton wrote:
> Grant Sewell wrote:
> > On Wed, 10 Jun 2009 17:32:58 +0100 (BST)
> >
> > Gordon Henderson wrote:
> >> Seems to work... Although I suspect there are not many people here
> >> who try new kernels or compile their own though!
> >>
> >> Gordon
> >
> > Not done so in a fair while - stock distro kernels seem to work well
> > enough for me, mostly.  Maybe I should give it a try again and bring
> > back some memories.
> >
> > Grant.
>
> I remember when the 2.0.30 was out,  :)
Well my first was an 0.9 something on an Yggdrassil CD that a friend made 30
floppies from and installed it onto a hard drive for me. Took up less than a
meg of ram on a 4 meg machine!
Does anyone know of a piece of software to check what modules are loaded and
can modify the compile script so I can compile small fast kernels for old
machines? Or even new ones?
Tom te tom te tom