Re: [LUG] Admin password in Ubuntu NBR

On Mon, 2009-05-25 at 16:37 +0100, trewornan wrote:
> --- On Mon, 25/5/09, Rob Beard <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Depends on how you look at it.  For some it's
> > easier.  I just use sudo
>
> Yes, sounds all well and good until you have a real problem and need to boot into
> recovery mode or something - then all of a sudden 'just use sudo' isn't going to
> cut it.

I thought it was the M$ brigade which were well known for spreading FUD!

I favourite incantation is 'sudo su -'. It gives me this warm fuzzy
feeling that it's setup my environment correctly. I don't know if it's
an improvement over the other suggestions though. I never got round to
experimenting enough.

Sophos Plc, The Pentagon, Abingdon Science Park, Abingdon, OX14 3YP, United Kingdom.
Company Reg No 2096520. VAT Reg No GB 348 3873 20.