Re: [LUG] Thunderbird

Do you need to "login" a different way now?

My ISP changed (for no reason) the method of auth for mail form
"pasword" to "login"

on Evolution you can do "check for supported types" before setting the
password.

On Tue, 2009-05-26 at 17:08 +0100, Neil Winchurst wrote:
> My ISP has changed my Control Panel on my website from Plesk to cPanel.
> While doing so he changed the password on my email, for some reason. I
> have changed it back but TB is asking for the password when I try to use
> the account, but will not accept it.
>
> I know that it is correct. When I go to my website and use webmail to
> look at the emails, I can log in OK with the same password.
>
> When I look through TB there does not seem to be any way to set/change
> the password on the account. I do seem to remember that when I first set
> it up I had to give a password and I told the program to remember it.
>
> I am using IMAP by the way.
>
> Do I have to delete the account on TB and start again or is there an
> easier way please?
>
> Help, anyone??
>
> Neil

Regards

Kevin Lucas
Minions Post Master(Sub) reprieved (possibly!)
Po House, Minions,
Liskeard Cornwall
PL14 5LE
01579363386